Anyone can post on a musician classifieds site, and it can become a crowded market very quickly. Often these posts aren’t targeted towards anyone and have little to no reach. That’s where our Digital Audition feature comes in – we’ll talk you through the basics of our feature and show you how it can benefit you as a musician on BandMix.
What is the Digital Audition feature?
Digital Auditions let you reach out to musicians that fit the specific criteria you’re looking for. It’s a specific audition that can reach up to 100 relevant musicians to connect you with the right bandmate or project. So, if you’re looking for a jazz vocalist for your band, you can select certain filters that will allow the Digital Audition to search for vocalists in a jazz genre in your area or city. To put it simply, it’s a considerable musician search that hand-picks only the most relevant musos, but without you having to do the legwork. A win-win!
How does it work?
As a Premier account feature, auditions can be created by logging in and scrolling down to the Digital Audition feature. Next, click ‘Create New Audition’ and input your criteria. Here we ask you to specify instrument, experience level, genre, location, gender, and age-range. If you feel you want to provide even more information about an audition, there’s the option to write a text description. You can also request that your auditionees have a profile picture, audio files, and videos on their BandMix profile before they can respond to your audition. Click to publish your audition, and BandMix will do the rest! Up to 100 relevant musicians will be contacted, and you’ll be notified if any of them respond. You can keep an eye on how your audition is doing in the Digital Audition section of your account.
What are the benefits of using Digital Auditions?
- Saves time – rather than spending your weekends scouting listings for local musicians, Digital Auditions can target up to 100 people at the click of a button.
- More responses – with a specific audition sent out to relevant musicians, you’re more likely to get an answer than if you were to create a generic post on a classifieds site.
- Ease – you don’t have to sift through hundreds of contacts to find what you’re looking for. BandMix does all the hard work for you, and our Digital Auditions feature is super easy to use.
- Quicker turn-around – your targeted musicians are notified of your audition by email, so they’re more likely to respond to you quicker, and you’ll be one step closer to finding a potential bandmate.
- Relevancy – there’s no point sending out an audition to a classical pianist if you’re seeking a rock drummer. Digital Auditions use specific filters for instrument, genre, experience level, location, gender, and age-range so that the musicians we target are relevant to your project criteria.
- Review your audition – You can go back to view your Digital Audition at any time to see what responses you’ve got.
Do you have to be a Premier member to use it?
You’ll need to be a Premier member to create a Digital Audition; however, both free and Premier members can respond to auditions they’ve been sent.
How to become a Premier member
Once you’ve logged into your BandMix account, click on ‘Upgrade’ in the red bar at the top of the page. You can find out about our pricing here: https://www.bandmix.com/support/faq/#faq-19
So, now you know all about the Digital Auditions feature, you’re only a few clicks away from finding a local musician to connect with. Have fun jamming!
If you need any more help with Digital Auditions, view our FAQ’s or watch our feature video here: https://www.bandmix.com/support/faq/#faq-19